Friday 7 October 2016

New Marton Br W12, Llangollen Canal

 A fairly uneventful day, we were off at 7 and moored up above the two locks (and past the water points!) by 1015.  I was absolutely knackered after the 6 Grindley Brook locks and 2 lift bridges.  I had gone to bed at 8 the night before, and I had another couple of hours when we moored up!  Must be getting old.

The cyclamen are growing wild in the garden of the lock cottage, they so remind me of Cyprus where they really did grow wild out on the Panhandle, along with the wild donkeys.

I made the embossed panel for this card using vellum paper, it is kind of translucent but where it is embossed it is white.  It is difficult to stick down though as glue shows through, so I made the panel longer than the blue card and wrapped it around and stuck it on the back.

The blue panel was then fixed to the white card blank and some ivy leaves were die cut from green card and two pink blossoms were added to the front of the card.

No comments: